Could please explain the difference between the cache settings

1. 3 years ago

Hi guys,

Could please explain the difference between the cache settings please.

Default and High settings?

i am using a mobile website as page how will the cache work on that?

2. IMHO, it refers to the content that is kept from your website for the next launch.

Default, tries to check if the web has changed since last visit. Thus, downloading the new content.

High, your app will not show the new changes made in your web. Imagine that you are seeing an offline version of your web. The one that waa downloaded when it first ran.

The remaining option is a data consumer one, as it will download the site every single time you open the app, besides making it extra slow while launching.

I hope it helps!

3. 2 years ago

@JOHNNY inside IMHO, it refers to the content that is kept from your website for the next launch.

Default, tries to check if the web has changed since last visit. Thus, downloading the new content.

High, your app will not show the new changes made in your web. Imagine that you are seeing an offline version of your web. The one that waa downloaded when it first ran.

The remaining option is a data consumer one, as it will download the site every single time you open the app, besides making it extra slow while launching.

I hope it helps!

thanks, this is now clear to me too, so I go back to default cache.

or Sign Up to reply!